Monday, October 26, 2009

The Met

For my first time in NYC, I visited the Met. Overall as a museum, its a mess. So unorganized and hard to find anything, but that doesn't mean it wasn't great to wonder around. There were a ton of great pieces from throughout history that I came across. The first thing I really checked out were the Greek and Roman sculptures. Though we have all seen images of these sculptures hundreds of times, it is still amazing to see in person. I really found interest in the massive, old European paintings. The detail and technique is just incredible. I don't get how they mixed their own paints and did so much more just to prepare for the work than we do now. Although I wasn't a fan of NYC in its entirety, the Met is a good hidden treasure there.

No comments:

Post a Comment